Monday, May 13, 2013

Successes and Thanks

Up early this morning.  Honestly, most days I would just be hitting deep sleep about now.  Happily, I've been able to sleep much better for the past few days. It's a pleasure to be able to sleep rather well and wake up while the clock still says ante meridian!

This morning, though, I woke up first with the early signs of a migraine, then stayed awake as St. John, and then Lizzie came to snuggle us.  My husband is off work today, so the cats enjoyed extra time to be with him in the bed. :)  Once Lizzie got up and started playing with a noisy toy in the bedroom, I decided I would just get up and enjoy this spring morning.

I'm so grateful we are actually having SPRING right now, instead of jumping from winter to summer.  It's so lovely to have cool, sunny days or cool overcast days, with the thermometer staying 70 and below.  Such a blessing, and one I can't remember having for many years.

This past week has been an amazing one for me, now that I look back on it.  I took a chance in cooking, and failed, and yet rebounded and found a way to use the failed candy recipe as a successful icing on shortbread.

This is really amazing for me, as, not so long ago, even a perceived failure would be enough to bring a low for several days.

This is such a huge step.

Amazingly, I followed it up with making up chili without a recipe.  Just making it up.

For someone with Aspberger's Syndrome, on top of OCD and crippling anxiety, not following a recipe is a huge deal.  And I did it.  Without even thinking about the fact that I was doing it.

Thinking on it right now, I'm tearing up.  It's a really big deal, and gosh darn it, I"m proud of myself.

You know, I don't say that enough, and I feel it way less than I ever say it, so I'm going to say it again:  I took chances, I succeeded twice this week in the kitchen and I AM PROUD OF MYSELF.

created with digital washi from andcute.com

3 comments:

  1. marvelous! you are right, it was a successful week! Very proud of my daughter that will not give up on herself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should be so proud
    glad u r writing again

    ReplyDelete