Monday, June 17, 2013

Frogs and Dinos


Whew. . . after last night's fantastic thunderstorm, today was a scorcher.

I did the grocery shopping and went to Sam's.  I don't think I"ll renew our membership at the end of this month.  I'm going to compare the things I buy there regularly with the grocery store prices, and see if I'm really saving enough to make it worth $45 a year.  I just don't enjoy shopping there anymore.  I dread going and put it off as long as I can.

Didn't do much else than buy and put up groceries today.  I've washed about half the dishes, made spicy cornbread for my husband, washed a load of kitchen towels/cloth napkins and fed the cats.  Otherwise, I've moped around the house feeling hot, tired and unwell.

It may be a very early night for me.  Possibly even before midnight! (Though that is looking less and less likely)

--------------------------------------

My frames for the Frosted Pumpkin's Summer Sampler are coming along nicely.  The first week's patterns will come out on the 21st.  I expect I will have all the frames ready by then.  The frame colors look like sherbet, especially on the beige Aida I chose.   


--------------------------------------

Last night's rain washed a tree frog into our basement.  I know, because St. John herded it up the basement stairs, through the cat door and into the office.  He wanted so badly to get it into his mouth, but frogs seem to have a natural repellent, so he couldn't.  He would try, it would taste bad, he would back away, and it would make one great hop.  He would follow and the cycle would begin again.  It was hilarious!  Was a lovely frog, too.  I took him out in the rain, to St. John's sorrow.

--------------------------------------

My new favorite treat is eating frozen Yoplait Whips.  So tasty!  Since it's yogurt, it's good for me; since it's frozen, it tastes like ice cream.  Win-win!

--------------------------------------

When we went to the hobby store last week, I bought two mini dinos, about an inch each.  They have become my new favorite photo props.



No comments:

Post a Comment