Sunday, September 8, 2013

Caveat Emptor: Reviewing the HP Officejet 4620

A review of the Hewlett Packard Officejet 4620 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

Oh, how I wish I had read reviews before I purchased this printer.


The installation began with not being able to connect to my wireless network. This wouldn't have been a deal-breaker entirely, because though we had wanted a wireless printer it wasn't essential. However, the cable given to connect the printer to the computer was extremely short (about two feet long) and as such, made it impossible to connect from any position on the desk.

The installation attempt ended with the paper jamming on every attempt. My husband, a former copier repairman, spent an hour trying to find the reason, but to no avail. Every piece of paper (20 weight office-quality copier paper) that was fed through it jammed trying to feed through.

I've already sent it back, now, and I swear I will never buy another Hewlett Packard product!

(And now, of course, I still need a new wireless printer/scanner combo.  Anyone have a good recommendation?)


No comments:

Post a Comment