Saturday, January 31, 2015

Looking Back on January

January has been rather successful for me.  I've begun walking again, and only missed a few days this month. I've cooked regularly, and done okay on cleaning.  (Always room for improvement.)  I've also started working on being a better (snail mail) correspondent.

I changed my yearly photograph goal from one-photo-a-day to one per week of a camera-taken "real" photo.  That is a more realistic goal for my life right now.  I've managed that, but have been slack about uploading them.  I seem to do more iPhone snaps on my Instagram than I do real photos on my Flickr account.   I'm trying not to beat up on myself about that, or remind myself of the hundreds of photo props I've got just a-waitin' to be used. . .

Anyway. . . this is my favorite photo from this month:



I read eight books and listened to eight audio books, with publication dates ranging from 1865 to 2011.  The best book of the month was Charles Todd's An Impartial Witness; I discovered this series last month and am thoroughly enjoying it.  I started Stephanie Barron's Jane Austen series, too; I like that she writes in the same manner that Austen herself did.  (As an aside, but still book related, I've been reading Mom's blog lately and recommend it to my fellow bibliophiles: Beyond Sixty.)

I completed two cross stitch projects this month, nearly completed a third, and began a yearly stitch-along. Imagine if I keep up this pace all year!

This is the January block of the Story Time Sampler by the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery.


"God Bless America" by Lizzie Kate.  Red doesn't photograph well, and the navy looks like black, so suffice it to say, it looks better in person.

I love this piece so much!  It is "Winter Friends" by The Snowflower Diaries.  This is the third time I have stitched her designs, and I've been delighted every time.


I am in the process of stitching "Holly and Ivy" by Country Cottage Needleworks.  Just need to do the border.


3 comments:

  1. you have had a very good month and it has been a month of little sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a busy month! I love everything you've stitched!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you had such a great January
    That photo is STUNNING - how can a picture of a lock be so beautiful
    I love the Charles Todd series - I heard them as audio books - my favorite may be the red door.
    I dont like the other series ( with the nurse) half as much
    I am devouring Ruth Rendells

    ReplyDelete