Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Review of Xyron/Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit

My rating: 2/5 stars


This adhesive kit contains six different adhesives by Xyron, and are labeled as "acid free" and "non toxic". The kit comes housed in a pretty, pale pink box with the Teresa Collins logo in black on the front. It is made of sturdy cardboard, is about 7" x 7" and 2" deep, and stays closed with a strong magnetic flap. It contains individual compartments for each piece, but these are just paper inserts and can be removed so that the box can be reused.


The kit contains:

-189 adhesive foam squares. These are 1/4 inch thick, which is frankly too thick for scrapbook use and for most card-making. I cannot fathom why so many were included.

-1 adhesive eraser. I have not used this, so I don't know if it works. There are no instructions included for how best to use it, but I assume it is supposed to be used like a regular eraser, to remove adhesive from paper.

-20 feet of transparent tape, in a sturdy, pink, plastic tape runner. An average roll of transparent tape contains around 37 feet, so I don't expect this would last very long. It is referred to as "disposable", so I am assuming that tape refills are not available.

-29 feet of double-sided tape in a heavy paper dispenser with a metal serrated cutter. Again, when compared to other brands of double sided tape (which contain around 33 feet), I don't expect that this tape would last long for the average paper-crafter.

-10 feet of one-inch sticker tape in a sturdy, pink, plastic container with a metal serrated cutter. This, too, has no directions for use. It is also referred to as "disposable", so again, I assume no refills are available.

-.75 oz bottle of clear-hold adhesive for embellishments. This is half the size of other brands of embellishment glue. I have not used it yet, so I cannot attest to it's hold.

Bottom line: The presentation of the product, in the lovely pink box, is the kit's best feature. At the current price of $25 for this set, it is extremely overpriced (even considering the addition of the reusable box) for the small amount of product it contains.

I received this product from the Amazon Vine program in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment