Monday, April 29, 2013

Week in Review

This week I have felt like I've been in a gray haze.  Looking back though, I see that it had some lovely bits and I did accomplish some things.  It just didn't feel that way as I was experiencing it.

Finished week four of the Spring Sampler Tuesday or Wednesday (can't remember which right now).  Another adorable week of designs!  The final week will be released tomorrow.  I can't wait to see what it will be!


Wednesday noon Communion was wonderful, as usual.  Took this photo of the lovely hydrangeas outside of the Church on my way out.


Received several more rolls of Washi tape in the mail! :)  I saw an idea for Washi taping light switches and electrical outlets and had to give it a try.  This is the one for the kitchen.  I plan to do more next week.  I was thrilled at how nicely it stuck to the plastic.  I guess that it just doesn't stick well to cardboard, and that is why my flower craft was such a fail.



 I had to put aside my Sugar Skull cross stitch.  It is too intricate for my state-of-mind right now.  I started a Medieval-ish sampler based on heraldry flags.  It is easy enough (lots of squares of the same color) for my mind frame right now, plus it is lovely!


Mom and I saw Seraphic Fire in concert.  They were magnificent   I'll be buying their new album when it is released next week.   

Finished listening to Anna Karenina.  I didn't like it nearly as well as I did War and Peace.  Could have been the translation, of course.  I didn't like Madame Bovary when I read it twenty years ago, but I was blown away by the new translation last year.  

It's nice to look back and see that good things did happen.  I'll try to focus on those and try to forget that dull, gray feeling.  Tomorrow starts a new week and I will make it better.



1 comment: