Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Friday Fives: an Update

I like the way "My Friday Fives" sounds, lovely alliteration.  I like having five things on an day beginning with "F".  I like things to be neat and orderly, most often alphabetized and if not, at least to sound good.

So it was with a heavy heart that, in the early hours of this Saturday morning, I realized that my Friday Fives was going to have to change.

By the time Friday evening comes, I generally too tired to update my weekly goals, or haven't quite finished what I am in the middle of doing.  It just makes more sense to move it to the weekend.  Sunday makes the most sense, because we often do a little choreing (spellcheck says that's not a word, but it should be: verb, present participle of "chore". . . ) on Saturday.  Sunday, the end of the week, is a better time to reflect on what I've done.

But "Sunday Fives" don't sound as good.  And "Sunday Sevens" would be just too darn much!  I struggle to come up with five things sometimes.

So, I'm working on a new title and a maybe a new presentation.  I like making myself accountable for my goals and plans and accomplishments weekly.

But I want to to sound good.

Sigh.  I really liked my Friday Fives.

*think, think, think*

E. H. Shepard's Pooh

No comments:

Post a Comment