Monday, July 22, 2013

Good Day for Kitchen Stuff

Today was grocery day, an event that can take me to several stores and is an exhausting day-long process (to this non-shopper anyway).  So, it's always a big deal when I find something exciting in the midst of canned goods and dairy products.
image borrowed from Walmart.com

I went looking for a silicone whisk today.  I keep rusting my metal ones.  Said confession will show that I tend to leave dishes in water longer than I should, I guess, but regardless of how it happens, my whisks run to rust.  I recently bought a Faberware silicone spoon and loved it, so I thought I'd give their whisk a try.  I used it tonight and at first I was a little uncertain.  The lack of resistance felt odd at first.  However, by the time my roux was done, I was in love with it.

Of course, now I've run across negative reviews saying that water tends to pool in the handle in the dishwasher. . .   Given my propensity to let dishwater sit. . ..  On the other hand, given how much I paid for it ($7, an unheard of amount for me to fling out on a kitchen utensil), I expect I'll take good care of it.
image borrowed from Sears.com

My other exiting purchase was pint-and-a-half wide mouth mason jars!  Have you ever?!?!  

I can't be the only one who has filled up a pint and needed more or poured into a quart and had too much room left over.  

Furthermore, I'll only use wide mouth jars--can someone tell me why they even still make those tiny mouthed ones?

Anyhow, I am over-the-top excited about these jars--despite the fact that I've got to wash them first.

2 comments:

  1. I've got some of these jars and they are AWSOME! Also, thanks for stopping by and visiting my kettle dyed yarn with koolaid. I don't know if it would work with cross stitch fabric...you'd have to give it a go! Also, you are a no-reply blogger! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I found these jars!

    I am planning on trying cross stitch fabric, and will let you know if it works!

    AH! Thanks for the heads up, Marilyn! I have fixed the pesky no reply problem!

    ReplyDelete