Sunday, July 28, 2013

Twelve Years

Holy cow!  Can it be possible. . .

It has been twelve years since my best friend and I "eloped" into the neighboring county.

We  got a license and list of JPs, made a few phone calls--and one appointment--and went off for a huge breakfast at the breakfast bar.  That was followed by a wee bit of shopping, the exchanging of vows, and back home for a nap.

We called our Moms, but had to leave messages on the answering machines ("hey, it's just me; we got married this morning; thought you'd like to know; talk to you later; love you both; bye!").

Twelve years.

Through better or worse.  In sickness and in health.

No arguments, though there have been disagreements and a few pouts.

Hours, days, maybe years worth of laughter.

Countless memories: shared sorrows, shared epiphanies, shared blessings, shared fun, shared joys.

Twelve years!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Reading this blog brings me such contentment ... your Dad and I send you blessings for another 12 plus years! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grin whenever I think about that day. It's one of my favorite stories.

    Thanks for the love and the laffs. Care to extend the contract for a few more years?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog
    CONGRATULATIONS
    you guys are a match made in heaven

    ReplyDelete