Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Friday Fives (on Sunday)




Running a little bit behind this week, and I blame the heat!

We had to say goodbye to our hamster, Vinnie, this week.  He had developed some tumors, so we had him put to sleep Thursday morning.

Good night, sweet Vinnie.



  1. Sorted out a box of things that had been needing sorting.
  2. Sorted and donated winter coats.
  3. Read and reviewed two books for the Amazon vine program. (The Book of Secrets and Becoming Myself.)
  4. Freshened up the hermit crab tank with new sand and stabilized their climbing wall.
  5. Completed week two of The Frosted Pumpkin's Summer Sampler.
My husband thinks the little lantern looks like Tom Servo. :)

The strawberry jam was my favorite from this week.



  1. Ordered and received a complete set of Trixie Belden mysteries!  It's a pleasure to revisit childhood favorites.
  2. Jack Jack did a wonderful job of taking care of Lizzie when I accidentally hurt her.  We have the sweetest cats!
  3. I spent a lot of time reading--always a pleasure!
  4. Was given a book as a reward for one of my reading challenges!
  5. St. John loves his toilet paper!
St. John is ten months now!


  1. Find a home for the things that got stacked up on the chest freezer when the electricity went funky and the freezer was out of service. 
    Mostly accomplished.  It's not perfect, yet, but it will do for now.
  2. Read at least half of one of the ARCs I need to review.
    Accomplished!  Completed and reviewed one both of the books. (second review)  Great accomplishment!
  3. Return to taking my photos every day.  Trying this one again.  Photo-taking brings me joy; I want to reignite that spark.
    I accomplished three days this week, which is much better than last week!
  4. Sort through the box of things that I found in the cupboard above the refrigerator (that belong to my mother-in-law from when she lived in this house a loooong time ago).
    Woot!  Done!
  5. Sort through the coats for keepers and donations.
    Not only done, but took the donations on Thursday.  Still need to make a home for the winter coats, though. . . 


  1. Make a home for the winter coats.
  2. Wash and store the hamster house.
  3. Move the tools to the basement, from the spare room.
  4. Do better taking photos than I did last week.
  5. Tidy up the breakfast room.

  1. a quiet mind
  2. air conditioning
  3. iced tea
  4. good childhood memories
  5. fun toys to photograph 







In an effort to reflect more positively on what I accomplish and to plan goals more reasonably, I'm going to start writing out My Friday Fives.

6 comments: