Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thrift Store Coup and More

Our county has it's own Rescue Mission (in addition to the local chapter of the Salvation Army), and to support itself, the Rescue Mission has a thrift store.  I say "A" thrift store, but the community support is such that it has grown into eight locations, plus one in the neighboring county!  I can't imagine how many people they employee in the stores, the warehouses and as drivers (yes, they will come and PICK UP your donations for the thrift store), but they are certainly a blessing to this county.

As I have been in the (painfully slow) process of decluttering our home over the past two years, we have donated untold amounts of clothing, toys, housewares and the like.  It makes me feel good to know that my extra stuff might be of benefit to someone in someway.

I also like to browse there.  It's dangerous, and I've never let it become a habit, but Tuesday morning I needed a pick me up after going out for lab work (never a pleasant duty) in the pouring rain.

Boy am I glad I did!

Ta da!
I found four pieces of Corningware!  We have other pieces of Corningware like the wildflower dishes in the blue flower and "spice of life" patterns and they are the most used dishes in our home.  I've never owned any of the Vision cookware, and nearly squeed when I saw it on the shelf.  I remember seeing the ads as a kid and thinking how cool it was. . .and now I own two pieces!

 The larger one is the bottom part of a double boiler and the smaller one fits nicely enough in the big one that the two could be used as a double boiler, should I ever need one.

I used the large one as a mixing bowl last night and it was fantastic!

--------------------------------

St. John enjoyed the last paper lantern so much we bought him some more to play with.  Tuesday night's play session was inside the laundry basket, which made it twice as much fun!



--------------------------------

Spent literally all night cross-stitching.  Am just heading to bed now, but my frames are done just in time!  The first set of patterns for the Summer Sampler will be released tomorrow and now I am ready!

It's not the best lighting, so it's hard to appreciate the colors.  I chose a beige Aida, and the frames resemble lemon and orange sherbet.  The beige really brings out the frame colors.  I can't wait to see what the first set of patterns will be!


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness that is beautiful
    Love your thrift store finds

    ReplyDelete