Saturday, June 8, 2013

A-Z Reading Challenge

I love lists and I love books and I find that reading challenges combine these two to great advantage!

I used to keep up with book challenges on my former book review blog.  Even though I quit updating that blog and reading other book blogs, I still kept up with this A-Z challenge, for my own enjoyment.  Now that I'm blogging again, I thought it would be fun to find a few book challenges.  This is a given since, like I said, I've been doing it for years.  I don't always complete the author challenge, but I generally do well with the title.  I completed the titles last year, but still lacked E, I, J, K, N, Q, T, U, X, and Y for authors.

Escape with Dollycas is hosting the A-Z Challenge for book titles.
It is pretty self explanatory.  Read one book that begins with each letter of the alphabet. 

I am also attempting to do this with authors' surnames, though that is not included in this challenge.  It will just be my extra challenge. 



A  After House (the) by Mary Roberts Rhinehart  (March 2013)
B  Busman's Honeymoon by Dorothy L. Sayers  (January 2013/audio)
C  Chief Legatee by Anna Katherine Green  (January 2013)
D  Dead Men Don't Ski by Patricia Moyes (May 2013)
E   Every Crooked Nanny by Mary Kay Andrews  (July 2013/audio)
F   From this Dark Stairway by Mignon Eberhart (July 2013)
G  Grey Mask by Patricia Wentworth  (May 2013)
H  Hours (the) by Michael Cunningham  (March 2013)
I  Innocent Blood by P. D. James (June 2013/audio)
J  Joy in the Morning by P G Wodehouse (April 2013/audio)
K  Keepers of the Faith (1944) by Emilie Loring  (July 2013)
L  Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (the) by C S Lewis (January 2013/audio)
M  Murder is Announced (a) by Agatha Christie  (January 2013)
N  Nemesis by Agatha Christie  (May 2013/audio)
O  The Ocean at the End of the Lane (2013)  by Neil Gaiman (July 2013/audio)
P  Pocketful of Rye (a) by Agatha Christie (February 2013/audio)
Q    (plan to read Queen Lucia or Quality Street)
R  Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier (May 2013/audio)
S  Savannah Blues by Mary Kay Andrews  (May 2013/audio)
T  They Do it With Mirrors by Agatha Christie (January 2013/audio)
U  Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce  (March 2013/audio)
V  Venus in Copper by Lindsey Davis  (May 2013/audio)
W  Who Killed the Curate? by Joan Coggin  (May 2013)
X  (plan to read the Xibalba Murders)
Y  Yellow Streak (the) by Valentine Williams  (May 2013)
Z  Zoo with the Empty Cage (the) by Steven Bezenoff (November 2013)


A  Atherton, Nancy  Aunt Dimity's Death  (May 2013)
B  Brown, Rita Mae Wish You Were Here  (June 2013/audio)
C  Crispin, Edmund  The Case of the Gilded Fly  (May 2013)
D  Dell, Ethel M.  Bars of Iron
E  Eberhart, Mignon  The Patient in Room 18   (June 2013)
F  Fowles, John  The Collector  (March 2013)
G  Grafton, Sue  A is for Alibi  (May 2013/audio)
H  Hiaasen, Carl  Flush  (June 2013/audio)
I   Innes, Michael  Death at the President's Lodging (August 2013)
J   Jonasson, Jonas The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared (July 2013/audio)
K  Keene, Carolyn  The Secret of the Old Clock  (August 2013)
L  Little, Constance and Gwyneth  The Black Headed Pins  (May 2013)
M  Moyes, Patricia  Down Among the Dead Men (June 2013)
N  Nabokov, Vladimir  Transparent Things (August 2013)
O  O'Farrell. Maggie Instructions for a Heat Wave (August 2013/audio) 
P  Pratchett, Terry  Reaper Man (January 2013/audio)
Quick, Matthew  The Silver Linings Playbook ( October 2013/audio)
R  Rioux, Jo  Cat's Cradle  (February 2013)
S  Sayers, Dorothy L. Striding Folly (March 2013/audio)
T  Tolstoy, Leo  Anna Karinina (April 2013/audio)
U  Upfield, Arthur  The Barakee Mystery (July 2013)
V  von Arnim, Elizabeth The Enchanted April  (June 2013/audio)
W  Woolf, Virginia  Mrs. Dalloway  (February 2013)
X
Y  Yang, Gene Luen  American Born Chinese (August 2013)
Z    (plan to read Zusak's I Am the Messanger )







No comments:

Post a Comment