Sunday, September 29, 2013

Looking Back


I was simply too discouraged last week to have any desire to write about accomplishments, or lack thereof. 

The well situation is still unresolved (in other words, I'm still showering in E.coli water. . . ) but we found out this week that we can hook up to the city's water.  It's going to take much longer than it would to have the UV filter placed on our well, but will hopefully be about the same cost.  I think it will be worth it in the long run.




St. John, enjoying his prized snake skin.
  • St. John brought me special gift. . . a snake skin over three feet long, which I assume he found in the basement. He thought it was the Best Toy Ever, and was so cute showing it to my husband that evening. Notice in the photo it was broken into two pieces. I fleetingly wondered where the third tail-end piece could be, assumed he'd lost it playing with it in a favorite place, and promptly forgot about it. Imagine my emotions when I turned back the quilt and found it in my bed two days later!
  • completed the Halloween Sampler
  • baked delicious banana bread from this recipe (though I used sugar instead of honey and agave)
  • made my husband his favorite dessert for his birthday: homemade chocolate pudding pie
  • created my own recipe of a chili Bisquick pie/casserole for his lunches
  • made a huge pot of homemade cheesy potato soup for my meals (noticing all the cooking/baking I have been doing since the new toaster oven, it's no wonder my jeans didn't fit!)





I feel like I'm at a standstill in most of my organizing and rearranging projects.  Nearly everything needs a help from my husband (heavy work) so I can proceed.  He'll be taking some time off soon, and I'll have to put him to work!

Meanwhile, plans for next week include:
  • clean out the tiny closet in the "closet room" and see if I can make it usable.
  • measure and plan out what will be needed for the rest of my craft supply shelves
  • reorganize the two kitchen cabinets that are left
  • finish rereading Breakfast at Tiffany's for the Classics Club
  • I also want to get outside more this coming week, since it has cooled down some.  
  • maybe make this marshmallow pumpkin pie!
  • working on the Autumn Sampler




I am thankful for:
  • cooler, Autumnal weather!
  • time to read and to cross stitch
  • an understanding family
  • a new interest in cooking/baking
  • cats that play together



Now, for more kitty photos. . . .

St. John is maturing somewhat, but even at 12 months, he still looks like a baby!.  Here is this month's  photo mosaic.  I included a goofball photo this time.


4 comments:

  1. St. John is totally adorable! I love his mustache.

    I hope your water situation is resolved quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I'll be glad when this is finally behind us!

      I know. .. isn't that mustache the cutest thing?!

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear of the water situation :-(
    Still enjoyed reading your post though

    ReplyDelete